Improvement by Design‘s mission is to build collaborative research, design, and technical assistance arrangements that work on P-20 problems effectively.
Our research group at UCLA Ed & IS is headed by Louis Gomez, Chair of the Department of Education, and Kim Gomez, Associate Professor of Education.
- are problem-centered
- have, as a central goal, educational reform and improvement at the classroom and organizational levels
- aim to create life-long learners by addressing the needs of P-20 teachers and students
- involve the distribution of expertise between researchers and practitioners
- are grounded in real-world contexts
- use processes of iterative refinement to engage in improvement
For more information or to contact us, please visit the IBD website by clicking here.