UCLA University Women’s Leadership Academy for Mid-Career Women
Empowering Courageous Leaders of Change
University Women’s School Leadership Academy is designed by women university leaders specifically for university mid-career women. It re-imagines university leadership in which the voices, objectives and values of women are magnified. It was constructed to alter the status of university mid-career women. Despite the fact the more than half of all university administrators are women, they hold less than 40% of the executive leadership roles. The pay gap between female and male administrators is widespread.
UCLA’s University Women’s Leadership Academy seeks to correct this imbalance through its professional development program and to expand the influence of mid-career women leaders. The Academy developed from the conviction that women must advocate for themselves and invest in their own leadership development—thereby expanding their professional opportunities.
University Women Leadership Academy:
- Re-imagines university leadership
- Enhances the value of university women’s voices and contributions
- Engages university women in lasting institutional change
- Expands women’s leadership capacities
- Enlarges women’s ability to navigate overt and hidden aspects of the university
- Extends professional options in wide-ranging roles across varied universities
- Encourages equity, access and inclusion across the university
The academy promotes connections between university leaders and participants. ALL sessions are 9 a.m – 1pm except for Fridays are 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Three 2-Day Intensives: March 12-13, April 16-17, and June 11-12
Ten Saturday Mornings: March 6, 27; April 3, May 1, 15, 29; July 17, 24, 31 and August 14
For further information, contact Dr. Linda Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline is February 12
$3500 Early Bird Program Fee due by February 18
$3750 Program Fee paid between February 19 and March 1
Discount for groups of three or more from the same university area or unit, contact Director, Linda Rose, Ph.D., at email@example.com