- Postdoctoral Studies, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway, 1978
- Research Fellow, Deutsches Institut für Internationale Pädagogische Forschung, 1966
- Ph. D., Education, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1967
Teaching & Research Interests
- Politics of educational reform
- Institution building
- Leadership in higher education
- Study abroad
- Ethnic issues in international perspective.
(Co-author), “Educational Reform in Western Europe” Education Encyclopedia New York: Macmillan (2003).
“Minority Education Policy in Azerbaijan and Iran” Journal of Azerbaijani Studies, vol. 5, no. 1 (2003).
(Co-author), Dictionnaire d‚éducation comparée (Dictionary of Comparative Education), Paris: L‚Harmattan (2003).
“The Meanings of the Term Comparative in Comparative Education” World Studies in Education vol. 3, no. 1(2002), 53-68.
(Co-author) “Shifting Perspectives on Comparative Research” Comparative Education, vol. 37, no. 4 (November, 2001), 501-506.