- Visiting Professor of Digital Humanities
- Professor of Humanities and Information Technology, Umeå University
- Ph.D, Umeå University, Umeå, 1998
Teaching & Research Interests
- Conditions of knowledge production
- Digital humanities as a field
- Space and knowledge production
- Learning, language education and technology
- Design of infrastructure and space
Big Digital Humanities. Imagining a Meeting Place for the Humanities and the Digital (University of Michigan Press. 2016).
Between Humanities and the Digital. Co-edited with David Theo Goldberg (MIT Press, 2015).
“The Why and How of Middleware”. With Johanna Drucker. Digital Humanities Quarterly. 10.2 (2016).
“‘One Damn Slide After Another’: PowerPoint at every Occasion for Speech”. With Erica Robles-Anderson. Computational Culture. Issue 5 (2016).
“Sorting out the Digital Humanities”. In Schreibman, Susan, Siemens, Ray and John Unsworth, A New Companion to Digital Humanities (John Wiley & Sons. 2016).