Assistant Professor in Residence
- Assistant Professor in Residence
- Interim Director, Cooperative Institutional Research Program
- Interim Managing Director, Higher Education Research Institute
- Ph.D., University of California Los Angeles, 2010
- M.S., North Carolina State University, 2006
- B.S., Greensboro College, 2004
Awards, Honors, Fellowships
- Young Academic Fellow, Institute for Higher Education Policy and Lumina Foundation
Teaching & Research Interests
- Undergraduate STEM education
- Contingent faculty
- Student retention
- Institutional contexts and structures of opportunity across colleges and universities
- Advanced quantitative methods
- Eagan, M. K., Jaeger, A. J., & Grantham, A. (in press). Supporting the academic majority: Policies and practices related to part-time faculty’s job satisfaction. The Journal of Higher Education.
- Eagan, M. K., Hurtado, S., Chang, M.J., Garcia, G.A., Herrera, F.A., & Garibay, J.C. (2013).Making a difference in science education: The impact of undergraduate research programs. American Educational Research Journal, 50(4), 683-713.
- Gasiewski, J.A., Eagan, M.K., Garcia, G.A., Hurtado, S., & Chang, M.J. (2012). From gatekeeping to engagement: A multicontextual, mixed method study of student academic engagement in introductory STEM courses? Research in Higher Education, 53(2), 229-261.
- Eagan, M.K., Sharkness, J., Hurtado, S., Mosqueda, C.M., & Chang, M.J. (2011). Engaging undergraduates in science research: Not just about faculty willingness. Research in Higher Education, 52(2), 151-177.
- Chang, M. J., Eagan, M. K., Lin, M. L, & Hurtado, S. (2011). Considering the impact of racial stigmas and science identity: Persistence among biomedical and behavioral science aspirants. Journal of Higher Education, 82(5), 564-596