- B.A. and M.A., English, San Diego State University, 1947
- Ed.D., Education, Teachers College Columbia University, 1956
- Honorary degrees-Escuela Normal, Iguala Mexico, 1960; Universidad Texcala, Mexico, 1984; Universidad de Monterrey, Mexico, 1981; East China Normal University, 1991
Teaching & Research Interests
- Experimental studies
- Program/product development and evaluation
- Educational transformation in US, Latin American and Jamaican contexts
”Contemporary Curriculum”-Seventh Edition published in English Arabic, and Chinese. (New York: Wiley 2010).
“Curriculum The Teacher’s Initiative” Third edition published in English, Korean and Chinese. (Saddle River, NJ Pearson 2003)
“Five Ways Schools Can Kill Learning” EDUCATION WEEK 28. no 10 (October29, 2008).
External Evaluation:-“The Galileo Program: Building a Technology Rich Model of Performance –Based New Teacher Assessment (PACT).” (UC Riverside, Graduate School of Education August 2005}
“El Maestro Y El Curriculo “ -‘The Teacher and The Curriculum.” (Colima, National Congress of Mexican Educational Research Association 2003).