- Ph.D., Higher Education and Student Affairs, Indiana University
- M.Ed., College Student Affairs, Pennsylvania State University
- B.A., Critical Theory and Social Justice, Occidental College
Teaching & Research Interests
- Critical Race Theory in Education
- Multiraciality in Postsecondary Contexts
- The Intersections of Race, Gender, and Campus Sexual Assault
- Harris, J.C., & Patton, L.D. (2019). The mis/use of intersectionality in higher education scholarship. Journal of Higher Education, 90(3) 347-372.
- Harris, J.C. (2019). Whiteness as structuring property: Multiracial women students’ social interactions at a historically white institution. The Review of Higher Education,42(3), 1023-1050.
- Harris, J.C., & Linder, C. (Eds.). (2017). Sexual Violence and its intersections on Campus: Centering minoritized students’ voices. Sterling, VA: Stylus.
- Harris, J.C. (2016). Using the walking interview to explore campus climate for students of color. Journal of Student Affairs Research and Practice, 53(4), 365-377.
- Harris, J.C. (2016). Toward a critical multiracial theory in education. International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Education, 29(6), 795-813.