- Ph.D., Graduate School of Education and Information Studies at the University of California, Los Angeles (U.C.L.A.), Fall 2006.
- M.A., major in Media Literacy from Vermont College, 2000. Thesis: Media Literacy for Transformative Education.
- California State Teaching Credential, with Bilingual, Crosscultural, Language & Academic Development (B.C.L.A.D.) Emphasis: Spanish (A level proficiency) from L.A.U.S.D. Teacher Training Internship Program, 1997.
- B.A., Liberal Studies, Vermont College, 1991. Thesis: Photography as a Catalyst for Social Change.
- A.A., Interdisciplinary Studies, Summa Cum Laude, Los Angeles Valley College, 1984. Occupational Certificate in Photo-Journalism.
Kellner, D., & Share, J. (2019). The critical media literacy guide: Engaging media and transforming education. The Netherlands: Brill / Sense Publishers.
Beach, R., Share, J., & Webb, A. (2017). Teaching climate change to adolescents: Reading, writing, and making a difference. New York, NY: Routledge. (Co-distributed with NCTE)
Share, J. (2015). Media literacy is elementary: Teaching youth to critically read and create media (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Peter Lang.
Share, J., (2010). Voices From the Trenches: Elementary school teachers speak about implementing media literacy. In Kathleen Tyner (Ed.), Media Literacy: New Agendas in Communication. New York: Routledge. (pp. 53-75).
Share, J., (2009). Young Children and Critical Media Literacy. In Media/Cultural Studies: Critical Approaches. Eds: Douglas Kellner and Rhonda Hammer. New York, Peter Lang Publishers. (pp. 126-151).
Kellner, D. & Share, J., (2009). Critical Media Education and Radical Democracy. In The Routledge International Handbook of Critical Education.Eds: Michael W. Apple, Wayne Au, and Luis Armando Gandin. New York: Routledge. (pp. 281-295)
Share, J., (2009). Media Literacy is Elementary: Teaching youth to critically read and create media. New York: Peter Lang Publishers.
Share, J. & Thoman, E., (2007). Teaching Democracy: A Media Literacy Approach. Los Angeles: National Center for the Preservation of Democracy. Available online.