- D.L.S., Columbia University, School of Library Service. May, 1993
- M.S., Columbia University, School of Library Service. August, 1990
- B.A., Philosophy, University of Wisconsin-Madison. May, 1987
Teaching & Research Interests
- Bibliographic control
- Organization of information
- Bibliographic works and relationships
- Cataloging and classification
- Evaluation of bibliographic retrieval systems
Rob Montoya and Gregory Leazer, editors, special issue of Knowledge Organization on the Politics of Classification. 2019.
Keilty, Patrick, and G. Leazer. 2018. Feeling Documents: Toward a Phenomenology of Information Seeking. Journal of Documentation 74: 462-489. https://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1108/JD-09-2016-0113https://doi.org/10.1108/ JD-09-2016-0113
Leazer, G. 2016. iSchools, Legitimacy, and the Contribution of Archival Studies to the iSchool Movement. Proceedings of the 2016 iConference. Philadelphia, PA.