- D.L.S., Columbia University, School of Library Service. May, 1993
- M.S., Columbia University, School of Library Service. August, 1990
- B.A., Philosophy, University of Wisconsin-Madison. May, 1987
Teaching & Research Interests
- Bibliographic control
- Organization of information
- Bibliographic works and relationships
- Cataloging and classification
- Evaluation of bibliographic retrieval systems
“Toward the Bibliographic Control of Works: Derivative Bibliographic Relationships in an Online Union Catalog.” Research conducted in collaboration with Richard P. Smiraglia. Digital Libraries 1996: Proceedings of the First ACM International Conference on Digital Libraries. Edited by Edward A. Fox and Gary Marchionini. New York: Association for Computing Machinery: 36-43.
“Recent Research on the Sequential Bibliographic Relationship and Its Implications for Standards and the Library Catalog: An Examination of Serials.” Cataloging & Classification Quarterly 21, no. 3/4 (1996): 205-20.
“Toward the Bibliographic Control of Works: Derivative Bibliographic Relationships in the Online Union Catalog.” Research conducted in collaboration with Richard P. Smiraglia. OCLC Research Bulletin, 1994: 56-59.
“The Bibliographic Control of Foreign Monographs: A Review and Baseline Study.” Research conducted in collaboration with M. Rohdy. Library Resources & Technical Services 39, no. 1 (1995): 29-42.
“A Conceptual Schema for the Control of Bibliographic Works.” In D. L. Andersen, T. J. Galvin and M. D. Giguere (eds.), Navigating the Networks: Proceedings of the ASIS Mid-Year Meeting. Medford, NJ: American Society for Information Science, 1994: 115-135.