- Professor, Department of Information Studies
- Director, Senior Fellows Program
- Founding Director, California Rare Book School
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin, Madison
- M.S., University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- B.S., Litt.D. North Dakota State University
Teaching & Research Interests
- Structures of complex organizations, organizational environments and organizational change
- Measurement and evaluation of libraries and library services
- Libraries as organizations
- Academic and research university libraries
Lynch, Beverly P. (2010) Professional Associations and Library Education. RBM 11 (1) 32-46.
Lynch, Beverly P. (2008) Library Education: Its Past, Its Present, Its Future. Library Trends 56 (4) 931-953
Lynch, Beverly P. et al (2007) Attitudes of presidents and Provosts on the University Library. College & Research Libraries 68 (3) 213-227.
Lynch, Beverly P. (2006) Significance of Libraries inEvaluating and Accreiting Universities in the U.S. 14th COBISS Users’ Conference, Maribor, Slovenia Published in translations: Pomen Knjiznic pri evalvacijal in akreditacijah universerz v, ZDA. Organizacija Znanja 11 (4) 136-145.
Yang, W. & Lynch B.P. (2005) On Knowledge Management and the Role of the Library in the Process of Knowledge Management in CLIEJ (Chinese Librarianship: an International Electronic Journal) 21 (Jjune)