Executive Director, Center X
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership, University of California, Los Angeles
- M.A., Administration, Supervision and Higher Education, California State University, Northridge
- B.A., History, University of California, Los Angeles
Teaching & Research Interests
- The collaborative work of schools, universities and communities in transforming the educational experiences of youth in urban schools
- The preparation and development of teachers in urban schools
- Mentoring relationships
- The integration of social studies, arts and literacy curricula
- Teaching in urban schools
- Social foundations and cultural diversity in schools
- Curriculum and instructional decision-making
- Teaching reading in elementary schools
- Integrated social studies and arts methodology
Francois, A. & Dwyer, L. (2006, March). Social Studies and Art Methodology: Community Arts in Teacher Education. Presented at the 2006 California Council for the Social Studies Conference. San Diego, CA.
Francois, A. (2005, November). Preparing High Quality Transformative Educators: Community-Based Teacher Education. Presented at the 15th Annual National Association for Multicultural Education Conference. Atlanta, GA.
Francois, A. (2005, June). Promoting Social Justice through Communities of Practice. Presented at the 6th Annual California K-16 Partnerships and Student Success Conference. Sponsored by the California State University, Long Beach. Long Beach, CA.
Francois, A. & others. (2005, April). A Dialect of Freedom: Lessons Learned in Preparing Social Justice Educators. Presented at the AERA Annual Meeting. Montreal, Canada.
Francois, A. & others. (2005, February). How Do We Prepare Social Justice Educators: Effective Self-Renewal Processes for a Teacher Education Program. Presented at the AACTE 57th Annual Meeting: Celebrating Collaborative Leadership in Education. Washington, DC.